Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Scripture Challenge Week 1 & 2

I am participating in Patter's Scripture Challenge 2009. Check out all the details on her blog Triple the Scraps by clicking right here!!!

I apologize for my photos. I am working on building a light box to take photos for my blog and for selling on ebay - so be patient with me, until that is finished.

Week One: FAITH
My scripture verse is from Hebrews 11:39-40. Which tells us that our Faith will bring us favor; and reminds us that we may not always get what we ask for or what we are promised, but we continue to have FAITH nonetheless!



Week Two: Kindness
My verse is from the book of Ruth 1:8 - This is Naomi speaking to her daughters-in-law, telling them to go home and may the Lord grant them the KINDNESS that they have shown her. This goes back to what was said in my Women's Mentoring class last Wednesday - if we are to be WARRIOR WOMEN FOR THE LORD - we must be KIND to one another, support one another as women. And remember that KINDNESS IS AN ACTION!!!




And here is a little sneaky peek at what my little cards will be going into. I made this little book - most of it - at my Tennessee Stampers retreat last fall. And this challenge is going to be PERFECT to hold my scripture cards!!! WOOHOO!!!



Supplies:
3 Birds Kit from HSN.com (retired I think)- Stickers & Paper
Stamps: Michael's dollar spot, Rolling Alpha Stamp, Making Memories Alphabet (kindness)
Ink: Brilliance Coffee Bean
Ribbon: Offray
Orange Chipboard Tag - Unknown
CARDS are cut from Nesties Labels TWO die cuts. Not sure I will continue to use this EXACT shape for the whole year, but it was a fun one to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think of today's project or if you have any questions!

Hugs & Love,
Lori