Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wednesday - September 26, 2007

Well, this is my first blog. Hopefully there will be many, many more. I have a myspace.com page and started blogging there, but goodness so much spam and stuff I don't want on my page keeps popping up. So time for JUST a blog. I hope to share our adventures as a family, my artistic adventures and a little about my life. So I guess I'll just tell you a little about myself for now and save the suprises for later.

I am 30 (almost 31) years old. I am from a small middle Tennessee town where I lived the majority of my life. I did live in Georgia for 3 years. I graduated from Austin Peay State University in 1999 with a degree in elementary education. I've taught 8th grade U.S. History, 6th grade Math, Science, Religion and Health, and the finally I taught 4th grade EVERYTHING! In between teaching gigs I worked at Nortel Networks in Relocation and also worked for a temp agency. But I will say my life truly changed in November 1999, because that is when I met my husband - Keith. We met on the internet through a pen-pal thing on AOL - this was way before eharmony folks! We emailed and talked on the phone until January 2000. Our first date was January 3, 2000 and on August 12, 2000 we were married. He is the LOVE of my life and I couldn't do it without him.

We have two awesome fur-babies who you will see a LOT of on here. And hopefully one day soon we'll have a little human baby too. :o)

In 2001 I was diagnosed by my general physician with having Social Anxiety and possibly OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.) I started with some meds and after a few months just let it go. I kept it all in until in 2004 we moved to Columbia, TN and started a business. Within a year I was having a nervous breakdown. My husband and mother-in-law got me in to see a psychiatrist and the FINAL diagnosis was made - I have OCD. If you don't know about OCD you'll learn by reading this b/c it affects EVERY part of my life - every day. There are things about it I love and things about it I HATE. From time to time I'll add some links so you can read more about OCD. Here's a start: http://www.ocfoundation.org/

Now why is my name mama2aturtleherd? Well, when my husband was little his mom would talk about being off like a herd of turtles. And well since we've been married - THAT is our M.O. WE ARE a HERD of turtles. Also - Keith tells me I am Barbie with all the accessories. YES I love STUFF. So come join me in my CRAZY OCD world. I am off this weekend to a stamping retreat, so look for more blogs next week!

Have a super weekend - AND WATCH GREY'S ANATOMY TOMORROW NIGHT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think of today's project or if you have any questions!

Hugs & Love,
Lori