Friday, August 1, 2008

Unity Stamp Company

I discovered this new company on Patter Cross' blog a few months ago. Click on today's title to go to their site. Their stamps are awesome, and SOOOOOOO reasonable. I also get their Kit of the Month. July was my first kit, and WOW - what awesome stamps and what a DEAL. Plus they are EXCLUSIVE to kit members only. Here are two awesome things I have made lately with their stamps.
This kit is Delectable Delights. I stamped the three images with Momento Tuxedo Black Ink. Then I colored each image with Copic Markers. The bow on the Lollipop is colored with a silver Prisma Pencil. And then the Sprinkles on the Cone are Glittler Glue. I inked the edges of the white cardstock with Distress Ink, mounted it onto pink, then onto a brown Card. The ribbon is Heidi Grace, and I doodled around the edge of the Ribbon with the White Signo Pen. I stamped "Have a Sweet Day" in Brilliance Moonlight White Ink.

This is an altered Row House I made for a swap on Tennessee Stampers. I made 24 of them. I cut the blanks with my Klic-N-Kut, which was nice, b/c the machine did ALL the work for me!!! I layered three patterned papers by The Paper Studio, and then a cream cardstock stamped with a Stampendous Paisley cube. Black Cardstock (unknown) was scalloped with a corner rounder. Trim is from Hobby Lobby in the fabric department. Finally I used the tree from the Unity July KOTM, stamped in Chestnut Brown Chalk Ink on the top of the house for dimension.

I am really pleased with how both of these turned out! And it was fun to use the unmounted Unity Stamps from Delectable Delights, and then a wood mounted cassette from the July KOTM.

Spent the afternoon at Maw's house. Keith goes over to trim the weeds every week when he mows our yard. By the time it got cool enough for us to go over there, it was about to rain again. But he did the weed-eater, and I used the blower to blow off the sidewalk. MAN that made my hand sting - LOL! And he planned to come back home and mow our lawn, but it was too wet. Oh well...

Tonight we used our gift card to La Fuente (we won it 2 weeks ago playing trivia), and went to eat dinner tonight. Of course they play trivia on Thursday nights, and we were hoping to win another gift card, but we missed out. We had a couple of HARD questions (for us) tonight. But it was so much fun. We like spending the time together, and it is a cheap date night - dinner and trivia - when Keith actually has a Thursday night off (which is rare!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think of today's project or if you have any questions!

Hugs & Love,
Lori