Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Welcome to the new blog!

This blog is going to be all my about my art. I'm going to save my old blog for what it was originally intended, to talk about my O.C.D.

This week I decided I was going to take part in as many challenges as I could each week. Yesterday and today I have been focusing on splitcoaststampers.com challenges.

This is the Stipple Background Challenge for yesterday:

This card uses Ancient Page, Palette & Momento Ink pads for the stippling. The flower is a Penny Black Stamp stamped with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The flower is very similar to the one used on Split Coast, but it was an SU set that I do not own, so I thought this was a pretty good substitute.


Below is today's Color Challenge, and I also used the sketch from a challenge last week. Colors for today were: Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango & Kiwi Kiss. Again these are SU colors and I do not own their papers, inks or markers. So I went to this handy dandy website: http://www.scraptitude.com/colorcombo and found the colors I would need to use. You will always be able to use this site to find out what the colors for Split Coast Color Challenges I use are, so bookmark it for future reference. :o)

The papers on this card are from a pack by The Paper Studio called Out & About. The DCWV green cardstock was not a close enough match, so I used the momento ink to darken it up a bit. The brown cardstock was by Making Memories and has a pattern on one side. Again, not quite the right shade and was very flat. So I sponged some Brilliance Rust Ink onto the CS to add some more depth. Below is a close up of the stamped image by Unity Stamp Co. called "Sweet ZZZ's"

I colored the image with Copic markers. I used Y28, YG03, YR65, R20 to color the image. I also layered some Ginger Prismacolor Pencil over the YG03 Yellow Green Marker. The bird was a layering of YR65 Atoll and R20 Blush.

I hope you enjoyed these cards today. And I hope to post almost daily with my art. If I use an abbreviation you do not recognize please feel free to ask.

Now go CREATE SOMETHING!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think of today's project or if you have any questions!

Hugs & Love,
Lori