Thursday, March 5, 2009

Close to My Heart Layout Workshop - Emporium Papers

These pages were made at a CTMH Layout Workshop held by Heather Hicks. I LOVE these papers, and they made the perfect backdrop for pictures of my puppers. I did the titles after I arrived home because I did not have time to use Heather's Stamps to do them. But it worked out because I had some awesome American Crafts' Stickers that matched perfectly.

This first layout is Mazie's "Gotcha Day" - which is the day we GOT HER. (Thanks Kim for teaching me about that on our Lethal White Group!!!)We are not really sure of Mazie's age. We know her birthday, but we THINK she is only a year old; so I think we will probably just celebrate GOTCHA DAY from now on. We celebrated her birthday this year, as her first, but I think GOTCHA DAY is more appropriate for this baby, since she lived in such awful conditions before we got her. And now she is a princess who sleeps in the bed with Momma & Daddy every night. Mazie is a double-merle/Lethal White Australian Shepherd, and if you want to learn more about what this means, and why she is deaf and has those beautiful eyes (that make it hard to see) please email me!!!


These are pictures of Missie Moo & Marlie in 2007 on both their birthdays. They each got presents on both days; which were a toy and a bone. Happy girls to get toys and treats! My Missie Moo (the border collie) will be 7 this year - wow time flies. I cannot believe we have had her for 7 years this summer! We will be married 9 years in August - so she has been with us almost our entire marriage. And my silly Marlie girl - she is just the life of the party; and those of you that have met her know this!!!


Supplies:
Papers - CTMH Emporium
Stamps - CTMH (Sorry not sure of the name of the sets we used)
Inks - CTMH
Brads - CTMH
Sticker Letters - American Crafts
Stickers - CTMH Stickease, Dome Stickers
Tools - scalloped scissors to make "tabs" on photos, Coluzzle to make circles, Brayer to make scallops on first layouts with ink.

Heather taught us to use the brayer to make "scalloped" paper with the brayer and ink pad - LOVE THIS TECHNIQUE! You TURN the paper, not the brayer and it works great! I had on boo-boo - but I am going to journal the story of going to pick up our Mazie girl there, so it will be ok.

Thanks for dropping by!

Now Go CREATE SOMETHING!!!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think of today's project or if you have any questions!

Hugs & Love,
Lori