Friday, March 6, 2009

Oldies but Goodies...

For the next two days I will be attending Wonderful Weekend for Women at our Church. And since I will be in worship, listening to Christian Speakers, singing and having some awesome fellowship with other women in attendance, I will not be posting any new art. I have been very busy this week getting all my household chores caught up so I can take these next 3 days off. :o)

So I dug back into some old art, and decided to share some OLDIES but GOODIES, my oh my has my style changed....

This is an altered Altoid gum tin I created as a sample for a class I sponsored at one of our Stamping Club's retreats. It was my first time to alter a tin, and I thought it turned out really quirky and fun. This is one of my favorite pieces I have ever created, and was probably the beginning of my shabby chic edge in my work. This is all ephemera from different sources (Sharon Bonnett's donation box, my MIL's treasure chest in her basement, and my own collection of STUFF). The shimmery paint is Pearl Ex mixed with Gum Arabic.



This is an ATC from a Paisley Swap I did a couple of years ago. The Cuttlebug had just been introduced, and I had found Sizzix Texturz Plates - so off I went die-cutting and embossing!!! The colors are not great on this photo, what appears to be ORANGE is actually a darker yellow. I stamped the blue with a cube of Paisley designs I have, papers are all DCWV.


And finally a very cool swap that one of our Stamping Group Queen's, Connie, does every year or so. It is a same but different swap. She sends us all the same image (we get 3 or 4 of the same one) and then we are to take that image and CREATE something with it. Then we send one to an assigned partner and one back to Connie. This swap was done back in 2005 or 2006; and the stamp we received was a Club Stamp image. Again this was out of my comfort zone, and not quite my style; but it was a lot of fun to make and to search the web for images.



I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my "oldies" and come back on Monday for a BRAND NEW POST of some of my latest creations for Patter's His Holy Name Challenge & Scripture Challenge.

Now go CREATE SOMETHING!!!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think of today's project or if you have any questions!

Hugs & Love,
Lori