Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Beth Grub's Class at Plaza Art June 29, 2013

Here are a few canvases I made at a Working with Handmade Papers class at Plaza Arts in Nashville. It was taught by Beth Grub. I took this class with 4 other friends to spend the the day celebrating our friend Boo's birthday.

The first thing Beth said was "just come up and pick out some paper, and let the paper speak to you."  I looked at my friend Robin like "WHAT THE HELL?" I thought oh boy I am going to hate this, but I started going through and touching all this beautiful paper, and then Beth said to us "what do you want to make?" I decided on a doggie, and of course it would have to be a pink doggie, and I was off.....I do NOT do messy, but by lunch time my hands were covered in paint & mod podge! This unlocked something in my soul - to create something from nothing!

I started with the little pink doggie on canvas piece you will see below, the did the cherry blossom canvas, the heart canvas and finally the pink glittery mat board with flowers. I got to walk around with my friends who know MUCH MORE about art than I do and glean their knowledge about art supplies and more. It was fabulous! I came home with a big bag of mixed media goodness and my four projects. But much more than that I came home with the ability to get "messy" to let go and just have fun, to create again. I hadn't done that in a long time!



Supplies used were: paint (various brands), mod podge, liquid glues, handmade papers from Black Ink Papers, Canvas, Mat Board, CR Gibson Scrapbook papers and various brushes. Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think of today's project or if you have any questions!

Hugs & Love,
Lori