Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Birthday Cards, ATCs, & Halloween Decorations - oh my!

My mom still has a bacteria infection, so we are winging it with the knee replacement. She is scheduled to have the surgery on Friday - so we will go up, they will test her for the bacteria again (she was positive as of today) and if she is still positive on Friday they will send us home and put surgery off for a week. If she is clear they will go ahead with surgery. So please pray - she and I are both super anxious and she really just wants to go ahead and have it sooner rather than later.

Here are the pictures of Halloween decorations I promised last week or so. It was raining, so not the BEST pictures, but you get the idea. The gravestones, skeletons & Caution Tape are all from Dollar Mart. The pumpkin is a "funkin" I carved - so much fun and I can now use it over and over again! Also my sign - I added some 3-d stuff and ribbon. I'll post pictures of the fur-babies dressed in their costumes as soon as I can figure out how in the heck to fix their "Pet eyes"! LOL!




Below is some art I have been meaning to post. Check out the pretty cards that have been arriving in my mailbox this week & a couple of things I've made lately.
This is a birthday card I received from Nancy P. on my Stamping Group -so pretty andI LOVE THE COLORS (the black is what I had it laying on to take the picture)
Birthday card from Steph on my Stamping Group - love this stamp and the inks used!!!
This is a birthday card that I MADE for my friend Meg. :o)
This is my COTM (Card of the Month) from Lottie on my Stamping Group - so cute!
My mom & dad always called me punkin - so this was so fitting,
plus Lottie even made the ENVELOPE!!! I was recently in a swap and we made ATC's (Altered Trading Cards) with a Wizard of Oz Theme. I printed the picture from the internet, Printed the words on green paper and cut apart and attached, cut the ruby slipper out with my KNK (Klic-N-Kut digital die cutter) and then edged with silver paint by Ranger. I LOVE how it turned out! I was the wicked witch for a costume contest my senior year of high school, so that green lady means something to me - weird I know!!!
Ok I am off to watch a movie Keith rented for me. He is at work closing tonight and I am just going to finish up my housework after my movie and hopefully get to bed early (we'll see how that goes - since I usually don't sleep at all!)
Love & Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think of today's project or if you have any questions!

Hugs & Love,
Lori