Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Turkey Day is a comin'......

Can you believe that this time next week we will be getting ready to have Thanksgiving dinner with our families? I can't! This year has FLOWN BY! It is so hard to believe that in a month we'll be getting ready for Christmas - YIKES! I guess I need to get busy on my making my Christmas Cards.

My mom is still at the rehab facility here in town. She is staying through at least the end of this week. But she is walking so much better, and she walked up and down the training stairs yesterday. WOOHOO! Tomorrow the occupational therapist is coming to help her learn to do some more things on her own, so when she does finally go home on her own, she will be ready.

Keith went back to work today after a 9 day vacation. YUCK! I miss him terribly, and wish he would hurry up and come home, but he is closing so it will be a while. But during his vacation we finally got our garage cleaned out and organized! It looks so nice, even with the few more boxes that need to go to our local animal shelter & GoodWill.

I am on the hunt for a reasonably priced pre-lit tree, so I can hopefully have it up next week when I host Thanksgiving for my best friend, both our mom's and I think Keith's brother. My brother and his family are spending the day with her family, and Keith's dad will be goodness knows where, and of course Keith's step-dad will be in the Smokey Mountains riding a horse. I am sure my mom's brothers and sisters will have a dinner on Friday, but I am just not up for that since I will be getting ready to host my own dinner all next week.

Well I am off to search for my Christmas tree, and hopefully get some artsy type projects done that are overdue- whew!
Blessings and Love!
Lori

2 comments:

  1. I can't beleive Thanksgiving is next week either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, my friend! Glad your mom is doing better. I've been thinking about you and I'd like to wish you and yours a wonderful Turkey Day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think of today's project or if you have any questions!

Hugs & Love,
Lori