Thursday, January 21, 2010

Snow Friends

I wanted to share two cards I made with the Close to My Heart set "Snow Friends" today. The little snowmen in this set are so cute, and I decided I wanted to paper piece their little hats. So I stamped them onto patterned paper, cut out the hat, and then glued it to my main stamped image. When doing this I didn't stamp the whole snowman, in fact I used scraps for their hats. You can't see the dimension as well as I would like in the pictures, but they turned out REALLY CUTE!






Supplies:
Stamps: Close to My Heart Snow Friends
Papers: The Paper Studio Christmas Stacks, Close to My Heart Cardstock
Ribbon: Blue Striped Ribbon is from Offray, the Red & Green striped Ribbon is from Big Lots
Punch: Fiskars Scallop Border
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Palette Inks Giverny Green & Palette Inks Seascape
Die: Nestabilities Circle

On a side note, I LOVE my Palette Inks! They are a hybrid ink, which gives you the look of a pigment and the dry time of a dye. You will see me using these a lot on my cards and scrapbook pages because they are my ink of choice.

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day, I am off to go shopping with my Mother-in-law. She needs fabric for window treatments, I am just the driver - but I am sure a stop at Michael's and JoAnn's are in my future!!! Now go CREATE SOMETHING!

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think of today's project or if you have any questions!

Hugs & Love,
Lori