Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It's a Boy!

Today's card was made for a family friend that is having a baby, actually he was born this morning! YAY! So I thought it only fitting tonight to post this card! I gave her a hand-crocheted baby blanket made by my Mother-in-law and this card to go with it. The baby's room is done in blues & browns so I thought it would make a great little piece of art to hang in his room as well! :o)



I stamped the Elephant off three times onto patterned paper, and then once onto my white cardstock. I cut out the entire elephant and placed him onto the white Cardstock (I realized I wouldn't have HAD to stamp him on the white first, but it helped me with placement), Then I cut out the ears & Trunk and pop-dotted them on, then finally I just cut out the ears, and then pop-dotted them on. It gave the elephant some REALLY nice dimension! And for a final touch I added some stickles to his little toenails, since the patterned paper had some glossy areas the sparkly toenails really stood out an looked cute!

Supplies:
Stamp: Unity Stamp Company Set Wild & Crazy Bunch
Papers: Twinkle,Twinkle Little Boy by My Mind's Eye, Cardstock from Hobby Lobby
Buttons: Walmart bag of buttons (one even said baby gap on it! HOW CUTE!!!!!)
Other: Memento Rich Cocoa Ink, CTMH Waxy Flax in the buttons


Thanks for stopping by and please say a prayer for baby Kaiden and his mommy! Now go CREATE SOMETHING!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think of today's project or if you have any questions!

Hugs & Love,
Lori