Thursday, June 17, 2010

BBQ Birthday

Last week I had heard the rumors of new Cricut Cartridges at Wal-Mart. So my wonderful husband took me and we purchased my first Cricut Lite cartridge. I got Block Party because of the fun grilling images on the cartridge. Keith mentioned he needed a birthday card for his boss, so I knew I would use this cartridge to make it (Keith is a culinary manager for a restaurant). As soon as we got home I went right into the scrapbook room and started cutting images.

I decided to make a 6" x 6" card. Here is the front of the card - I used a transparency for the BBQ bottle. The "here's whats cookin...." stamp was PERFECT! The chef was cut at 4 1/2" and the BBQ bottle was cut at 3 3/4". The chef layered easily, but the pieces were still PRETTY tiny, and was not the best cut I ever did. The spatula was especially tricky, I think it could have been the paper I was using.

I added a little pig from the cart to the inside for some additional fun.

You can see my layers, the pop dotted little chef just added the right "umph"! :o)

Supplies:
Green CS by DCWV
Black CS by Hobby Lobby
All other papers from my stash (I think the patterned paper is American Crafts)
Pop Dots by The Paper Studio
Here's whats cookin & birthday stamps by Unity Stamp company
it's & your stamps by The Angel Company
Black Soot Distress Ink Pad

Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed my first Cricut Lite project! :O)

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think of today's project or if you have any questions!

Hugs & Love,
Lori